Drinking water projects
These projects have the following objectives:
– the drinking water supply in a reliable and permanent way for the entire population of the villages concerned
– improvement of living conditions, health and hygiene
– the reduction of diseases
– awareness of the importance of water and the environment (tree planting)
– increased agricultural production for food security, thanks to the surplus water used in some areas to irrigate the land outside the rainy season
– generate income with the sale of part of the harvest.
In these projects, the population provides unskilled labor (digging trenches, clearing land, transporting materials). All participate (young people, women, elderly people, men). By giving their physical strength, they value the water.
A drinking water committee, composed of at least 50% women, is formed in each village. This committee is responsible for water management and system maintenance, under the supervision of EAV.
You can also look at the pictures of the projects on our Facebook page.